Stop Bad References
Request a Cease and Desist Letter for a Bad Reference
Do you know what to do when you find you are being given a bad reference? Stop bad references with our Cease & Desist Service.
What You’ll Receive with the Cease & Desist Service:
- A complete legal analysis of your “unfavorable” or bad reference. (Note: The assumption is that Job References or Allison & Taylor has already concluded a reference check on your behalf that has revealed some level of unfavorable input from your reference.) We will then review your reference check report with legal counsel after providing them with a copy of your report. (Please keep in mind that an attorney might decide that stronger legal recourse than a Cease & Desist note could be available to you. If this is the case, you will be advised directly by the attorney.)
- After our consultation with the attorney you will receive a rough draft of the Cease and Desist letter. The letter will be sent by certified mail (signature-required) to the appropriate senior management representative that you identify in your prior company. Expect this process to be complete within one week.
- Note that the official attorney letter that will be transmitted on your behalf is a copyrighted work product.
- A final copy of the Cease & Desist letter will be sent to you via email on the same day that it’s sent to the company.
- Once approximately four weeks has passed from the time the company’s management receives the Cease & Desist letter, a follow-up reference check is conducted. You will be asked to input this order on a no-charge basis.
- In the unlikely event that our organization is called upon to serve in a deposition regarding your negative reference, Allison & Taylor will serve in this capacity (note that some fees may apply, depending on the services required).
- Your references will be kept on file with our firm for an additional 12 months on a complimentary basis. You must send us an email when the file is to be archived and you receive notice. Typically this service fee is $19.95 per 6 months per reference.
- The most important part of the process is when it’s complete, as you will gain peace of mind knowing that this bad reference is being addressed and should not result in your loss of future employment opportunities.
Due to the price competitiveness of this quote (generation of a Cease & Desist letter is typically around $1,200), note that any additional demands on the attorney’s time – e.g., calls or emails — will result in additional fees to you. Additional fees of $75 will be billed in 15-minute increments for additional time with JobReferences, Allison Taylor, or the attorney.
To proceed, please complete the form below and provide:
(1) your authorization for us and Allison & Taylor to share the reference files conducted on your behalf with an attorney
(2) your acceptance of the terms above and your authorization for JobReferences or AllisonTaylor.com to bill you $395 for the services as described in this communication.
Please advise if you authorize JobReferences.com to utilize your credit card number on file (previously used for your reference check(s), or whether we should contact you to obtain different billing information. Please send us an email with your authorization per the above (do not email any credit card information; this can be provided via phone when requested).
Note that the company representative who gave the negative reference will be named in the letter. The reference-checking firm contracted by you (JobReferences / AllisonTaylor) will NOT be named in the letter.
Also note: While this process has proven effective in most instances, it is not possible to offer a guarantee of our efforts, nor is any portion of the overall fee refundable.
Stop Worrying About Your Bad Reference Holding You Back
Before your cease and desist letter, get started with our reference checking services and find out what’s being said about you. We have 3 packages tailored toward different types of positions and levels of experience. This is the best way to find out what your references are truly saying about you.
If we’ve found your previous employers to be giving you bad reviews, it might be time for a Cease and Desist letter. Get started now and improve your references for your next job application. Remember, references are meant to help your chances of landing a job, not hurt them.
Cease & Desist for a Bad Reference Testimonials
“It’s one thing to know I had a bad reference, another to be able to do something about it. Allison & Taylor helped me with both, (we have checked again and now my reference, although not great is at least neutral) and I’m (finally) employed again after many months of searching. Many thanks!” (P. L., Phoenix, AZ)
“I’d given up hope that I would ever be able to do anything about my past boss who has been badmouthing me. (Thanks to the “Cease and Desist Letter” he has been stopped) Thank goodness I found about your service – I would have contacted you years ago if I’d known your services existed.” (J.L, Ogden, UT)
“It’s one thing to suspect I had a “bad apple” in my reference barrel, another thing to confirm it. And then, being able to do something about it with your Cease-&-Desist letter – I finally feel like I’m getting my career back. Thanks so much!” (B. R., Birmingham, AL)
“My self esteem had been hurting so much over the past year because of my inability to get a new job. Your company showed me where the problem was, and gave me a reasonably priced tool to put a stop to it. I am very much in your debt, Allison & Taylor.” (W.W., Naples, FL)
“My money spent for your reference checking service and subsequent Cease-&-Desist letter is surely the best investment I have made for several years. Many thanks.” (A. D., Missoula, MT)
“ I wish I had a dollar for every sleepless night I had wondering if one of my references was preventing me from finding a new job. Not only did you confirm my worst suspicions but you gave me the means from preventing them from doing it again. I had your company do a follow-up check with my previously negative reference after your attorney sent the Cease-&-Desist letter and he sang a completely different tune (only confirming my employment dates and title) the second time around. My prospects for landing a new job are looking up – thank you again for your help.” (D.J., Toronto, Ontario)
“I was frankly skeptical that a U.S.-based company could find out what my European employer was saying about me, much less give me any recourse once they confirmed my employer was negative. Your company did both, and I am in your debt.” (A.P., Wiesbaden, Germany)
“Way to go, Allison & Taylor – you guys have given me my life back with that (Cease & Desist) letter your attorney sent my boss a month ago. She’s sure singing a different tune now!” (C.H., Juneau, AK)
“What a wonderful service (Cease & Desist letter) – I didn’t have the money or inclination to take my evil boss to court. You gave me a quick, simple and lower-priced alternative to legal action that has given my future employment a new lease on life. I will recommend you to all of my unemployed friends – thank you so much.” (J.J., Vancouver, British Columbia)