Reference Checking Services
Fast, Professional, Affordable
Our job reference checking services will help you to get the job you want. If you aren’t 100% sure your past employers will give you positive reviews, using a professional reference checking firm is highly recommended. Firms such as Allison Taylor can check your job references and employment verification before you submit them. Unchecked references can provide bad reviews that may dramatically affect your future, and shouldn’t be left to chance. With job reference checking services, you have an accurate, reliable way of confirming that your references will improve your chances of landing a job, rather than hurt them.
We are a professional reference checking firm that have been featured in a wide range of major publications such as ABC and Forbes. We provide written, comprehensive employment reviews of professionals who are being considered for employment. Our reference checking services come in three different levels, and our offer depend on the professional level of the candidate and the amount of information to research, including Professional, Executive and Teacher.
Reference Checking Service Interview
An experienced member of our expert staff conducts all of our employment verification interviews and other job reference checking services via phone, unless it’s required to be done in writing by the client or the reference. The different levels of our professional reference checking report will all include the following, though they could vary slightly depending on corporate policy*:
- Employment verification of position title held
- Employment verification and verification of dates of employment
- Reason for separation from the business
- Current eligibility status for rehire
- Potential recommendation for another position / role
Professional-Level Job Reference Checking Service Interview
In addition to all of the employment verification questions listed in the traditional interview, the Professional and Executive Level reference checking interviews will include a detailed discussion of the employee’s strengths and weaknesses in their previous position, and a numerically-based fifteen-point Performance Evaluation. Research topics will include:
- Overall Performance
- General Productivity
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Leadership Qualities
- Managerial Skills
- Planning Short-Term
- Planning Long-Term
- Employee Relations
- Budget Administration
- Crisis Management
- Interpersonal Relations
- Technical Skills
Executive-Level Job Reference Checking Service Interview
In addition to all of the questions and performance evaluation noted in the traditional and professional-level interviews, our Executive Level job reference checking services includes two additional questions that are highly important for executive positions:
- A discussion about the prospective employee’s ability to attract and mentor top professional talent.
- The confirmation of compensation / salary at the previous position.
In addition to our traditional services packages which include employment verification, professional reference checking services, and education verification, we can also create individualized quotes for several specialized services.
Call us for a quote at 800-651-8202 or 800-890-5645 between 9 AM & 5 PM (EST) for an individualized quote.
Social Security Tracing
- Validation of the relationship between a name and Social Security Number.
- Warnings of invalid or un-issued Social Security Numbers and warnings of death claims filed.
- May identify other aliases, addresses, or individuals who are using that number.
Driver's Record Report (DMV)
- Verifies the identity, address, and driving history of the applicant in the state where the have a current driver’s license.
Federal District Search
- Researching district-level records for felony convictions for a single name in one district.
- Covers a minimum period of seven years, depending on the district.
County Criminal Search
Researching of court records for felony convictions for one name in one county.
Misdemeanor record searches, when available.
Covers a minimum period of seven years depending on the county.
Worker's Compensation Search
Provides a history of the employee’s work related injuries as filed by past employers and may include dates of the claims, nature of any injuries, and whether the claim was denied or upheld.
This requires a signed release from the employer that can only be requested after an offer for employment has been made.
County Civil Search
Detailed researching of information regarding civil actions against the applicant, plaintiff, or defendant in the county superior courts.
This covers a minimum of seven years, depending on the county.
** Note: A signed inquiry release is required from the applicant.
1. There are some companies that prohibit the release of information other than the employment verification of title and dates of employment. Our professional reference checking staff always applies appropriate pressure to every job reference that is checked, in an attempt to gain as much information as is possible. Even when a company follows a strict policy to only confirm dates and title of employment verification, other questions, especially the reason for separation and overall recommendation are still always asked. Our job reference checking service fee is still applicable as our professional reference checking research offers the knowledge of precisely what the company will divulge to a prospective employer as a reference. In addition, each professional reference checking report will address the manner in which this information was provided, including timeliness of the contact, the tone in the reference’s voice, and more (e.g. Did the reference return our calls or did we leave repeated messages that were never returned?).
2. A second job reference checking service exception exists when a job reference is being evasive. There are some job references that will not return our telephone calls and despite our staff’s attempts, we are unable to pass a strong secretary or voice mail system. Our professional reference checking team always calls and/or leaves a minimum of four messages detailing the reason for our call. Should the job reference not return the call from our job reference checking service, we feel that they are saying they do not care to provide job reference information on that candidate. Of course, should we discover that a job reference is traveling, ill, on vacation, or for some reason not available, we will notify our job reference checking service client of this and make further attempts as soon as the job reference is once again available. Candidates need to look at this professional reference checking research from the perspective of a potential employer. Note that it is unlikely that a prospective employer will attempt to reach a job reference more than two or three times. Therefore, the information our job reference checking service obtains, or the lack of a response, is still crucial information that a candidate will need to take into account when making a transition.
Online Reference Checking Services
Our employment reference check company is easy for anyone to use and proven highly effective. Simply fill out a form, make a payment, and never leave the comfort of your home. You can find out what your former boss is saying about you quickly and easily. Once you figure out which hurdles are preventing you from landing the job, you’ll be more prepared to counteract them and able to take action if needed. Get started now with our professional online reference checking services, and make yourself as appealing of a job candidate as possible!